Thursday, January 10, 2013

Busy But Fulfilling Wednesday

Yesterday was a busy day at work. As soon as I saw my schedule, I was surprised to see that I had 13 students on my list. Thank God that two of them were on hold or postponed. Otherwise, I would have been really busy. Having nearly consecutive classes is common for me. It is just that these days, I just keep on getting more and more. My schedule for January is quite full. I always thought having 15 students in this company was reserved to people who have been here long but after seeing the schedules of everyone at work, I realized that we are all becoming busier and busier. Perhaps this month is a good month for the company. All I am saying is why now? I only have until the 18th to be here and my schedule is somehow nearing insane. I don't want to think about it but I wonder who will be taking charge of my students when I am gone. I worry for them especially those who have been with me for a long time. Somehow, they are already like my friends. If not, my babies. I want to keep in touch with them but how? I can't ask for their e-mail addresses because that is one of the policies here. I guess I would just be contented with whatever time I have left with them. If there is one thing I learned in this industry, it is the fact that only a few ever stay in touch and it is unlikely to ever teach the same student in a different company again. Even if it did happen, the chances are quite slim.
My work ended with me doing a lot of reports and doing overtime because of a Korea 101 training which I didn't mind.

I ended up meeting my husband late which gave him time to go around the mall and enjoy himself. I didn't mind. He wanted that after all. After meeting each other, we decided to eat together first before going about our task there. We had good hearty sizzling meals yesterday. At Sizzling Plate, I usually order the Salisbury Steak or the Double Decker but this time, I opted for something new. I ordered a Sizzling Pork Steak with an added sunny side up egg while he ordered a Sizzling Porkchop. The meal was satisfying especially because we haven't eaten anything like it in a long time. My husband felt like he needed something sweet to complete the meal. We went to this new Belgian Waffle store to try their Blueberry and creamcheese Belgian Waffles for dessert. They were a bit pricey but definitely worth it. Yum! We will definitely eat it again next time. The blueberry was gooey with the melted cheese and it was like eating a hot blueberry cheesecake in a waffle. How filling! Somehow, I felt like it was a late celebration for our two year and one month wedding anniversary.

Because moments like these were memorable to both of us, we decided to ignore the need to take photos as souvenirs because we know that we will remember such moments forever anyway. After buying a couple of boxes at the hardware store, we were ready to go home. Since I still felt that I had some energy left, I decided to start packing a bit. What better way to start my packing with my well loved books. After seeing how empty my bookshelf was, I felt sad but happy at the same time. Sad that our chapter in our current house will be ending soon. Although we only lived here for a year or so, I knew we had a lot of memories here. It is also the place where we discovered our independence and practiced it. We learned how to do things on our own and at the same time, it was the place where our baby was conceived. I can't believe my husband and I are getting emotional when it comes to moving away but what can we do? It is somehow inevitable. We are both happy though because we know that we will both be heading to a better place. Fingers crossed that everything will go smoothly from there. My husband did a little packing too but after awhile we stopped and headed straight for bed. I was already tired and I knew I needed to get some sleep. Another day was ahead of me and somehow, I am looking forward to it. Another Thursday is here and I am hoping that it will start and end well for me.
If busy is a drug that people are addicted to then I should be a career woman. If I should be a career woman then I should have no time for getting pregnant for 9 months and that I should just lay an egg to leave it to someone to warm it or incubate it. Yes, hilarious, I know. Then again, I don't think I want to be that busy. I don't want to be addicted to the busy-ness although I know I once was. I think that I need time to be a woman who can just take care of herself, her husband and her child. I can always get back to having a career after a couple of months or even a year. I shouldn't feel bad about it, no matter how uncertain I get at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment