Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Bad News Again? Whatever Happened To Good News?

Reading the news saddens me. Why? Well, I feel like there is more bad news than good news lately. Senseless killings are becoming more rampant. I don't get why some people would use guns, load them up and start shooting at innocent people. To me, I think these people are all either crazy, undergoing something serious in their lives or perhaps are under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Their actions can never be justified. Their reasons can never be valid especially after they have already dealt some serious damages on innocent people's lives. I can't imagine how many families mourned for their losses. I can't imagine how these criminals will be able to payback their sins. Perhaps seeing them all dead would be the best solution of all. Inhumane? I guess so but was killing all those people humane as well? You decide.

Apart from all the killings, there are also those raping incidents as well as sexual assaults or harassment ones. I am a woman and I know my rights. I believe that I have the right to defend myself if I am going to be sexually harassed, assaulted or even raped. I don't think the women or even the young girls who were victims of these cases deserved being victims. Should I blame them for the clothes they wear? Should I blame them for provoking their assailants? Honestly, I don't know. To me, women shouldn't wear revealing clothes if they want to be respected in public. They should dress right, act right and most of all speak right. Whatever happened to being a proper lady? I guess all that along with the proper etiquettes and manners of being a lady has gone out the window. I thought we should be progressing since we are becoming more modern in many different ways but I guess there are some things that aren't progressing despite us moving forward to a better age. The recent death of a gang rape victim in India might have sparked an outrage in the country but such an incident can happen everyday. It can happen to anyone and hopefully, it doesn't happen to me or to anyone that you know of because we all know that these incidents never end up pretty.In some countries, women who have become victims to these crimes are given no other options but to either marry one of their assailants or to live a life of shame. Either way, both will make their lives miserable and definitely a living hell. Whatever happened to women's rights and equality?

I feel bad for everyone. I feel bad for the world. Is this the price we pay for all the modernization our world is going through? Is it still a safe world to live in? Will it be safe in the future for our children and the next generation after that? I used to say to myself that I should always read the news or if not know the news in order to be updated with the current happenings around the world but after so many depressing news recently, I don't think I want to read the news as often as I do anymore. If all I will ever read about it bad news then I would rather not know about them anymore. Reading bad news is stressful and at the same time can result to needless worrying. I don't want to be a victim to that anymore. Will there ever more good news than bad? I hope so. Otherwise, I would rather be a hermit and an ignoramus about the world than to know it all. Ignorance can be blissful especially if you want to stay away from unnecessary stress. Don't you think so too?

I want more good news than bad. Will that ever be possible? I don't know but I hope so. We all deserve to live in a better world so why don't we all try to make it better. Shouldn't we all be the change that we would like to see in this world? Just saying.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment